Saturday, May 31, 2008

When the dog bites... when the bee stings...

While the last two weeks have been very challenging, there have been some wonderful things as well. And so I am happy to report on these happy things:

1) Michael and Tricia Swalm -- along with their two beautiful girls -- came to visit their grandparents, so I got to spend an evening with them. So wonderful. We reminisced about Bethel and choir and Greek; discussed being a pastor, being married, being single; and we ate lots of El Porton chips and salsa. Good times. I'm hoping to go see them this fall as their third little one should arrive in October.

2) Bennett Matthew turned five last weekend, and the entire Wood clan (who also happen to be my closest high-school-time friends from camp) came for the festivities. The kids just get cuter and Auntie Marah gets to read and play and paint toes and all manner of lovely things.

3) Davis High School posted an English position, and I applied the very next day. While I haven't received a call for an interview yet, I'm simply glad that I didn't have to wait until July to find out whether or not a job would even be available at Davis. So I'll keep you all posted on how that goes.

4) I designed and facilitated a Mid-level leadership conference. So it was me and 150 middle school ASB kids. I was wigging out (as usual) but it went very well. Hurray!!

5) And I've got nine days of school left. Fabulous. I haven't found a summer job yet, but I'm not overly concerned. My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches and glory. That's a good promise, right there.

lots of love -- marah jean

2 comments:

  1. If you're going to be in Nova Scotia this fall, any chance of popping down to Boston??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So post about your supercool new job already!!!

    ReplyDelete