Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 31

I had the somewhat startling thought today that July is over. Tomorrow is August. Deep breaths. Wow! August is going to have some great stuff (senior high camp, family trip to the beach, Josh's wedding, starting my new job at Davis, and my 30th birthday), but July wasn't too bad either.

Looking back at the calendar, I think I spent most of my month at the YMCA! Ha! That's kinda funny. Lisa Kloster and I have a standing daily Y date during the week and have had the utmost pleasure in meeting and conversing with the wide assortment of interesting folks who also happen to be on the 4th floor between the hours of 10 and 1. (Don't be too impressed with the three hour time bracket -- a great deal of that is spent chatting.) Just today we met Alex, a short Hispanic guy with the most perfect teeth I have ever seen. And get this -- all three of his kids have braces. It amuses me to no end that I know that -- who has these kinds of conversations at the gym?!?! Well... I do!!

In the realm of activity, July has also seen the reappearance of yogging on the workout plan. I'm up to 4 miles now, which seems so long and yet I remember when a 5-miler was my short run. I'm training for The Human Race -- Nike's 10K that is being held in 25 different cities and, for me, in Yakima thanks to my Nike+ iPod sensor. It is on August 31 -- yep! I'm celebrating my 30th year by running 6.some odd miles. Bring it on. What makes it even more enjoyable for me is that I used the video converter from church to upload onto my computer the audio tracks from my favorite movies (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, and Annie) so now my runs are very diverting. I'm glad I don't have an audience when I run because I sometime have to perform choreography or play the jingle bells. Heh heh heh.

July also brought a great day at Mt. Rainier with my friend Susie. The trails were quite snowy and I was unprepared (as isn't very surprising) so my feet were SOAKED by the time we came down from the mountain. But it was gorgeous and she is such a fabulous friend.

July has also given lots of time to spend with the little people. Erin is quite the swimmer and Bennett took soccer and golf lessons this summer. They just make my heart bubble with affection!! I LOVE BEING AN AUNT!!! Even when they're being stinky. :-)

And that is the report for the month. Hard to believe that in one month more, so much will be different. Ch...Ch..Changes! Let us enjoy the rest of the summer!!

sunshine and smiles -- marah jean

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you, my fellow blogger...I too cannot believe july is gone! I wanted to participate in the Human Race in Boston, but I'm pretty sure I won't be ready. What a cool idea though..

    When do you take on this new classroom? How exciting. Tell me what school and grades again?

    ReplyDelete