Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pack your bags, something small...

I was putting a new check register in my wallet today and found a post-it note from a couple years ago. On it I had drawn a map from Halee's apartment in London to Piccadilly Circus and written the times that Louvre tours were given in English. Funny how something as small as a post-it can bring back a flood of memories and renew a desire to get up and go!

I'd love to go back to London and go to Vesper's at St. Paul's Cathedral, take a couple days and go to Oxford and Stratford-Upon-Avon, follow through on Halee's idea of having tea at The Ritz or The Savoy. I'd love to go back to Paris and stay for longer than 24 hours. I'd go to the Louvre, to Sacré-Couer, and to the Eiffel Tower again (and again and again and again... oh wait... that's what I did last time... but I'd do it again, especially at night when it's all lit up and sparkly).

And yet, as great as Paris and London would be, there are so many places I haven't been, things I would love to see. A friend told me recently that we only get this version Earth one time through because God's going to make a new one, and there's no guarantee of there being any repeat wonders. And while I'm confident God's got some great things planned for us, I can't help but agree.

So... Italy, anyone? Egypt? China? Ireland?

Wanna pack your bags, Something small
Take what you need and we disappear
Without a trace we'll be gone, gone
The moon and the stars can follow the car
And then when we get to the ocean
We gonna take a boat to the end of the world
All the way to the end of the world
"You & Me" Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment