Monday, December 13, 2010

Sleep, who needs it

No profound thoughts this night. I'm just miffed that I can't sleep.... again.... I think it has something to do with this new mouthguard I'm supposed to wear at night. Apparently, I grind my teeth. This is one of the downsides to being single and chaste: I have never slept in close enough proximity to another person for long enough time for them to notice. Or, if I have (like on a family vacation), the noise of my grinding molars must have been drowned out by the snores of my siblings.

At any rate, now I have this plasticky thing in my mouth. But I'll wake up and it'll be on the nightstand. Doh. Also, even though I've had it for less than a week, it already has some funky cracks between the malleable plastic and the base. Oh well. I could get a custom fit guard, complete with inlaid glitter, but I'm not sure if I want to make that kind of investment. :-)

I also think I would sleep better if I go see the chiropractor. I haven't been in weeks, so I'm sure my neck is all jammed up, along with the tweaky spots in my mid and lower back. Ahhhh.... thirty-two. It isn't old, but already the body has a slightly less "hey-I-can-keep-myself-together-and-functioning" feel.

In other thoughts this sleepless night, I'm really so thankful I went on assignment last summer. It's Christmas card writing time (now that most of my holiday responsibilities have been filled), and I'm looking forward to expressing my love and thanks to those people from WFR Session 2 A-Team who've made such a wonderful and lasting impression on my life and heart. Who would have known that such a difficult experience could create such soul-healing? Oh -- Jesus knew. :-)

I'm also thankful for my local Young Life team. We had 35 kids at our YL Christmas party tonight and used every last extra present I had purchased "just in case". Kids that I have known for years are showing up because other people invite them. Last night, Miguel (who comes to buy water from me almost every day) came for the first time. He left after the talk but before the gingerbread house decorating extravaganza because he has a wrestling match tomorrow, and as he left he said, "This was legit, Miss. I'm not gonna lie. The other stuff was fun but I really like when you talked about God and stuff." Sweet.

And now I shall attempt to go to Bed-forshire. May my teeth be unground, my back unkinked, and my dreams unaffected by the amount of sugar consumed at the party.

Huh.... lots of sugar.... Wait a minute.....

No comments:

Post a Comment