Monday, April 25, 2011

Song for You

I first was introduced to Jenny & Tyler with their song One Eyed Cat.  So quirky and funny and fabulous. I downloaded that album and have used their songs Simple and Do Not Follow Your Heart in class discussions about Transcendentalism. Granted, some of my kids didn't quite follow me, but it was still a good idea.

Because I haven't been following the duo too closely, I had no idea that they released an album this past November. I was just putzing around yesterday morning and thought, "I need some new music.  I wonder what the One Eyed Cat people have done recently."  Little did I know what awaited me.

Song for You

Oh good glory.  My heart just soars and aches and wants to cry and scream and sing its guts out. To think that God Himself, who suffered the brunt of the justice that I deserve, longs for me with this kind of passion and ache is overwhelming. He has loved me from the beginning and done every thing necessary for real intimacy to be had. How often do I just shut down from His love and comfort because my little world and pet adulteries are more manageable and familiar? How often do I get overwhelmed with my list of things I must get done and forget to simply enjoy and reciprocate His attention?

I don't want that to be the case. Thank you, Father, for the nudge that led me to this beautiful reminder of Your heart for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment