1) Davis High School is taking 14 kids to camp this summer, and it costs $395 per student. How much money does Davis Young Life need to raise?
Answer: 14 x $395 = $5530
2) Davis High School is urban (to say the least), so Young Life Urban Ministries has given them $80 per student for camp. Now how much money do they need?
Answer: $5530 - 14($80) = $4410
3) Washington Family Ranch gives $250 scholarships to students with financial need. Davis has received five of those scholarships; now how much money do they need?
Answer: $4410 - 5($250) = $3160
4) Marah Jean sent out prayer letters a few weeks ago to all her Christ-following friends and family. From that, Davis YL has received the following donation amounts: $25, $100, $150, $200 and $790. Now how much money do they need?
Answer: $3610 - $1265 = $2345
5) This morning, Marah Jean opened a letter from a family who sent one girl to camp last year. That particular girl has been a BEAST all year at inviting others to club and camp, which Marah shared about in her prayer letter. This family wants to help this gal AND HER FRIENDS get to camp, so they sent a check for two thousand three hundred seventy dollars. Now how much do they need?
Answer: $2345 - $2370 = -$15
And we haven't even done our fundraiser yet!! BOO YEAH!!!
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21